That Power!


I want to express my gratitude for people who can handle fiery trials and pressures with a good spirit and not want to resort to using profane language or visiting happy hour(not Sonics) to wash down the stress. I had a profound statement given to me by a young 24 year old gentlemen who lost his entire family at the age of 12 but managed to pursue a college, football career and teach youth about making good decisions. What he said to me made me think about how its important to not let any circumstance or what you go through make you start acting like a plum fool even when you have every right to do so. The young man said that in every situation or circumstance that we go through in this life is 10%what happened but the other 90% is how you respond to it. He said that your attitude is going to determine how you handle the situation in a positive or negative manner. Sometimes our breakthroughs and miracles in God come from having a good attitude and not wanting to fussticate ( complain and gripe without using bad words). In every situation that we go through, we do have choice on how we respond to it and the I always believe that the true essence of that person will be revealed in the midst of a trial or crisis. Meaning, you will know who that person truly is that’s not hiding behind a smile, good works, good talks, good blogs, or preaching the gospel. That can be scary when you thought the person was inherently good and had a good spirit until the trials of life start putting some fire on their behind and you start seeing a crybaby, Linda Blair from The Exorcist, or having a pity-me party. I have come to realize that not everyone responds to the storms of life with a positive or joyful look which comes from prayer. Without prayer, you are going to be cuckoo for cocoa puffs with the way this life throws curveballs and knocks you literally downs sometimes. If I didn’t talk to God and allow Him to strengthen me and encourage with His Word, I could easily be having a sip of Mojito at Pappasitos(good mexican food, people really go their to drink) and saying,”Bump this!” You will have notions to want to quit, thrown in the towel or gripe about how what happen to you isn’t fair but its doesn’t change the situation. One thing I have realized is that you have to change how you handle the situation because some things will be out of your control. Life is unpredictable and changes quickly but one thing is for certain, my attitude makes the difference. Don’t think you won’t have moments of wanting to go to an island, leave everything, and eat on the land but embrace every circumstance as a chance to get stronger and develop a better character.God will give you the strength to endure things that most people would be in those special places with straightjackets sipping on special KoolAid because they couldn’t handle it. I always believe that God knows each person can handle and allows these situations to arise to bring out the greatness that He knows lies within us. He also likes to test us to see where we are spiritually and where we need to be matured or developed in some areas. I maybe feeling like this situation is not right and wondering will I make it through it but when it’s over, I told God that if this is what it takes to be better, stronger, and anointing, “I’ll pay it gladly” (quote from movie,”Equilibrium” with Christian Bale). Which brings me to a song that was quite positive that I heard from Will I Am with Justin Beiber called “That Power,” that you got the power to get through anything and whatever comes your way should make you stronger to overcome. 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: